Are you well informed about diamonds? Take this test and discover your level of knowledge about diamonds?
1) The word "diamond" comes from the Greek word "adamas". What is the meaning?
2) In what year was a diamond ring offered as an engagement gift for the first time in history?
3) What percentage of mined diamonds go toward industrial use?
4) Where is the number of the HRD, GIA or IGI certificate laserscribed on a diamond?
a) On the pavillon
b) On the crown
c) On the girdle
d) On the culet
5) What is the highest degree of white for a diamond?
6) What is the highest degree of clarity for a diamond?
7) What is the weight of a 1 carat diamond ?
b) 0.100 gr
c) 0.200 gr
d) 0.500 gr
The correct answers are :
1b, 2a, 3c, 4c, 5b, 6a, 7c
Perfect your level of knowledge on diamonds by reading our guide by starting with the following page: what diamond criteria to favor ?